Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daily Kos: so do I have to change my user name?

Daily Kos: so do I have to change my user name?:


so do I have to change my user name?

That is the logical question to ask after the decision I made yesterday evening, and upon which I acted this morning.
I notified the personnel office that I am taking the retirement buyout and retiring from my current position as a teacher in a Maryland school system, effective the end of this school year.
I am doing so without knowing what I will be doing next year, and knowing that I will still need some income, albeit not as much as my current teacher salary - after all, I am already on Social Security and will also draw a state pension.
I have begun to explore other opportunities.
Some could have me in a classroom elsewhere, most would not.
Some might mean that my blogging would either be greatly reduced or even elimated.
Whatever I do it will be something where I believe I am serving the larger community in a way with which I feel