EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE LAUSD/UTLA LOCAL SCHOOL STABILIZATION AND EMPOWERMENT INITITIVE OF 2011 ("The Tentative Agreement") + STATEMENT OF JOINT INTEREST + THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT
SUMMARY BY UTLA | HTTP://BIT.LY/U6VAUS
(Dec. 2, 2011)
1. For the next three years, including PSC 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 schools, only in-District applicants (no charters) can apply under Public School Choice for Focus (existing) and new schools, nor can the District take any other action to give a District school to a charter operator (e.g. Jordan HS).
2. UTLA can unilaterally opt out of the agreement if the District violates the above provision.
3. For the next three years, no school can be reconstituted/restructured if it demonstrates “reasonably progress toward overall improvement.”
SUPPORT FOR HIGH NEEDS SCHOOLS
1. High needs schools identified by the Superintendent as PSC 3.0 Focus, future Focus, and at-risk Watch schools are eligible for a package of supports, coordinated by UTLA/AALA/District intervention teams, including assistance in plan writing, professional development, etc., from NBC teachers, universities, and displaced teachers (who provide intervention services, tutoring, CAHSEE support, class coverage support, etc.).
2. UTLA, AALA, and the District will provide continuing assistance to ensure that school plans will be accepted by the Superintendent