Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

900 Posts, Because the Last 100 Didn’t Make It Easy | The Jose Vilson

900 Posts, Because the Last 100 Didn’t Make It Easy | The Jose Vilson:


900 Posts, Because the Last 100 Didn’t Make It Easy


Ladies and gents, I’ve arrived at my 900th post.
I should dedicate this one to the fact that George Zimmerman, Trayvon Miller’s murderer, was caught unbloodied and unbruised on video during his trip to the Sanford Police Department with police, dispelling his account almost assuredly. I could also dedicated to the lesser known Shaima Al-Awadi, a mother of four was who brutally murdered for her Muslim faith I presume. I could talk about my sincerest trepidation over the latest iteration of the New York State math test coming in seven school days (not including ELA test days), but I might do that much better in another blog.
I should remind you as my readers that racism, sexism, ageism, and other social biases haven’t really waned in effect, just changed shape, and that privilege plays a large role in even my most progressive colleagues. Yet,