Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Commission that Matters: Excellence in Hispanic Education - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard

A Commission that Matters: Excellence in Hispanic Education - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard:

A Commission that Matters: Excellence in Hispanic Education

A Commission that Matters: Excellence in Hispanic Education

I’m about to become an official “commissioner”. I’m not really into titles, but this one, I want. This commission, I want. This work, I want to do because it’s work that matters.

Because so much depends on the success of the work of this commission. (The White House Commission on Excellence in Hispanic Education). It will advise the President of the United States on what needs to be done to create state-of-the-art, high-quality, proven learning opportunities for our Hispanic students. These are students who so often come to our schools needing