Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 17, 2010

Reputation Managment: Understanding the Impact of Social Media on Schools and Organizations �Ideas and Thoughts from an EdTech

Reputation Managment: Understanding the Impact of Social Media on Schools and Organizations �Ideas and Thoughts from an EdTech

Reputation Managment: Understanding the Impact of Social Media on Schools and Organizations

I presented on Friday to a group of Communication Directors from various school divisions in our province. It’s always interesting to present to non-educators. I don’t pretend to know how they do their jobs but hopefully was able to articulate what social media is doing to communications in general and then specifically talk about what we’re doing here in Prairie South. The more I talk to others, the more fortunate I feel about working in a district that isn’t afraid to explore and consider how this shift in society can impact learning and communications.
My microphone ran out of batteries near the end so if you’re brave enough to stay till the end, you’ll hear my