Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Business Of Education - Perdaily.com

The Business Of Education - Perdaily.com

The Business Of Education

0740430106001.png
I rarely find myself in agreement with UTLA President A.J.Duffy and even when I do it is in spite of his usually flawed reasoning that I find much akin to that of LAUSD's leadership. Duffy along with several other commentators on education find it difficult to get their minds around the juxtapositioning of severe cuts to LAUSD's budgeting by its board in the form of 12 furlough days to address part of the looming $640 million LAUSD budget deficit, while contemporaneous passing authorization of "Certificates of Participation (COPS) to fund a variety of capital projects that should instead be funded through voter-approved bonds."

While I would like to call for different cops to deal with LAUSD's misguided leadership for their continuing poor choices in how to address this and next year's budgetary shortfalls, unlike Duffy, I would go a step further and