Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BESE meeting tomorrow 1/15/14 update (and some ideas I’ve been pondering) | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

BESE meeting tomorrow 1/15/14 update (and some ideas I’ve been pondering) | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:

BESE meeting tomorrow 1/15/14 update (and some ideas I’ve been pondering)

Posted on January 14, 2014
Greetings my Crawfishian Minions.

No?

I feel like I should label my followers like all the cool kids are doing (but not in a way that gets usbranded a gang like Insane Clown Posse followers the Juggalos) with something cool, and uh, “dittoheads” is taken (and not especially cool if you think about it), but sadly I think I may have missed the mark here as well. I guess I will keep trying. In the meantime (my Crawfishalites?), there is a new BESE meeting afoot you should be aware of taking place tomorrow at the Claiborne building downtown. Word on the street is John White will be proposing spending between 500k and a million of your tax dollars fighting the DOJ from getting data he has already handed out to researchers that support vouchers. He is also trying to get money to overturn the Brumfield-Doddruling that puts the state under a desegregation order.

Nonpublic schools seeking state and federal funds must comply with the nondiscrimination requirements of Brumfield vs. Dodd.  Brumfield vs. Dodd approval verifies that schools are not racially segregated or do not use racially discriminatory policies and practices.
Obviously nonpublic schools seeking state and federal funds should be able to discriminate and racially segregate their schools as much as they want, for any reason they want. So spending a