Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1-14-14 Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement"

Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement":








Sacramento Bee Tries To Involve Parents & Teachers In School Improvement
The Sacramento Bee has begun an initiative inviting parents and teachers to let them know if classrooms are not being heated well (or not air-conditioned in the heat). They then put the info on a map and try to shame districts into fixing the problem. I guess you’d call this an effort at community journalism. I suppose it can’t hurt, though sometimes I get concerned that efforts like this are sim
1-13-14 Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement"
Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement": “What Do Parents Want in Their Child’s School?”What Do Parents Want in Their Child’s School? is a good post by Bill Carozza summarizing a semi-recent poll of parents by the Fordham Institute. I had thought I had posted about the survey already, but I couldn’t find it, so I guess I just thought I had…. Of course, I have post