Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 19, 2011

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:


The Best Articles & Posts On Education Policy In 2011 — Part Two

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 7 hours ago
There have been so many excellent posts and articles about school reform (and videos, too!) this year that it’s been extraordinarily difficult to narrow them down. So, I gave up. I’m keeping The Best Articles & Posts On Education Policy … Continue reading →

This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 11 hours ago
I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in this blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a … Continue reading →

This Week In Web 2.0

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 13 hours ago
In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth sharing, I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” It’ll be a short compilation of new decent sites that are worth … Continue reading →

The Weekly “Round-Up” Of Good School Reform Posts & Articles

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 16 hours ago
Here are some recent good school reform-related posts and articles: 26 Amazing Facts About Finland’s Unorthodox Education System comes from Business Insider. I’m adding it to The Best Resources To Learn About Finland’s Education System. How Do Teachers Know What … Continue reading →

PostRank’s Listing Of The “Most Engaging” Education Blogs

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 20 hours ago
As regular readers know, I periodically publish posts sharing what some organizations list as the “most popular” sites or services. I find them interesting and sometimes useful (see The Best Places To Find The Most Popular (& Useful) Resources For … Continue reading →

“The Snowman”

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 21 hours ago
David Deubelbeiss says this film is his favorite Christmas movie. It’s pretty neat, and he also has teaching materials that go along with it: The Snowman (1982) from Aelsi on Vimeo. I’m adding it to The Best Places To Learn … Continue reading →

Iraq Resources

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 23 hours ago
With the last United States troops leaving Iraq today, I thought I’d make a few new additions to The Best Web Resources On The Iraq War: Last Flight Out Of Iraq is a Wall Street Journal slideshow. Photos: Last U.S. … Continue reading →

The Best Tweets Of 2011

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 1 day ago
Every month I make a short list highlighting my choices of the best resources I shared through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog. I thought it might be useful for both … Continue reading →

Videos Of Students Celebrating Making Mistakes

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 1 day ago
Last week, I described a series of lessons I was doing on Celebrating Mistakes. Through these lessons, we learned about the importance of taking risks and not being afraid of making mistakes. Rather, we should celebrate them! Here are a … Continue reading →

More Year-End Collections Of Images

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 1 day ago
Here are the newest additions to The Best Year-End Collections Of Images — 2011: Zeitgeist 2011: How the World Searched is from Google. The Denver Post has a three part series of “2011 Best Photos of the Year”: Part One … Continue reading →

The Best “Words Of The Year” Features For 2011

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 1 day ago
There are several “words of the year” lists that come out annually. The might be useful for advanced English Language Learners, but I think they can be more effectively used in Theory of Knowledge classes (plus, they’re fun to read … Continue reading →

New Year Celebrations

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 2 days ago
I recently updated The Best Sites For Learning About New Year Celebrations. Additional suggestions are always welcome…..

The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2011

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 3 days ago
The websites on this list were not designed with education in mind, but which can easily be used for learning purposes — particularly, though not exclusively, for English language development. I only hope that creators of “educational” content can learn … Continue reading →

Teacher Home Visits

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 4 days ago
As regular readers know, I’m an enthusiastic supporter of teachers make home visits, and the Parent Teacher Home Visit Project. Over at my other blog, I’ve just published a report on a recent Parent Teacher Home Visit Project national conference … Continue reading →