Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 19, 2011

What Happened to My Grade Book?: An Education Round Table (for fun)

What Happened to My Grade Book?: An Education Round Table (for fun):


An Education Round Table (for fun)

On Twitter, Dr. Timony invited Secretary Arne Duncan for a drink since they are both attending the Title 1 Conference. I said I hope that Secretary Duncan accepts the invitation.  While Dr. Timony and I certainly have not agreed on every issue surrounding #edreform, I do respect what he has to say and think he does have thoughtful ideas that should be heard by those above.


And so, it made me think, "Who would I invite to an education round table?"  I think it would have to turn into more of a conference.  Each person invited would then have the opportunity to invite 2 or 3 other people to the conference.  One of the others invited should be a former student or a child in the public school system. And, because I wouldn't want it to turn into some sort of weird elite thing, people wanting to attend could apply to do so. 


And so, those who