Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 2, 2011

“Why Can’t They Make it Easier to Become a Teacher?” - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard

“Why Can’t They Make it Easier to Become a Teacher?” - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard

“Why Can’t They Make it Easier to Become a Teacher?”

I can always tell when people have stopped thinking and are just repeating something they heard without a critical look at the premise.

She said without thinking, “I just don’t see why they can’t make it easier to become a teacher.”

And I said, “And of course, we shouldn’t stop with teachers. I don’t see why they can’t make it easier to become a dentist.”

She looked confused.

“I mean,” I continued, “there are a lot of people who have ideas about how to take care of teeth. There are a lot of people who have really good teeth, and they just want to help other people have healthy teeth.”

She furrowed her brow trying to catch the thread of connection and pull it through the eye of some needling of understanding. I caught the silent, “What