Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Schools Matter: Welcome to Planet Gladwell

Schools Matter: Welcome to Planet Gladwell

Welcome to Planet Gladwell

The snippet below is from a recent interview/conversation between Malcolm Gladwell and Wendy Kopp. Just after the 25:00 mark, Gladwell and Kopp have this exchange:
Gladwell: I only ask because whenever I see Teach For America spoken of in a durogatory manner, it's invariably by someone on the right, which confuses me because because I would have thought that it was almost the other way around. Do you have a sense of this? Am I wrong in thinking this?

Kopp: Um...I doubt it. I mean, you're saying our folks are largely from the left? We have a diverse group of people.

Gladwell: What percentage of TFA alumni voted