Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parent Book Club – Mindset | Connected Principals

Parent Book Club – Mindset | Connected Principals

Parent Book Club – Mindset

I have always enjoyed reading and now devote a lot of my reading time to educational blogs and books that expose me to various ideas and opportunities to improve education. At some times, I feel like this can present some problems as we incorporate these ideas in our school without an awareness of why changes are being implemented throughout our parent community. An example of this is some of the changes that have occurred in our school due to the work of Carol Dweck and her book Mindset. I personally believe that the central idea of this book, promoting a growth mindset, has the ability to improve the learning experience for everyone in our school community. Although our faculty has discussed Dweck’s work and how this can impact our classrooms, I was