Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

THE PERIMETER PRIMATE: To Rockford, Illinois: In solidarity!

THE PERIMETER PRIMATE: To Rockford, Illinois: In solidarity!

To Rockford, Illinois: In solidarity!


This is a piece by David Stocker of Rockford, Illinois. He sent it to me to let me know what his city is experiencing, and I asked if I could post it here. Rockford residents are distraught and enraged at what is happening to their school district. Check out their Facebook page “Wanting a Resignation of LaVonne Sheffield” (“liked” by 2,993 people as of today).

David is just one of several people from Rockford who have contacted me over the past several weeks after discovering my blog, The Broad Report. One person wrote this: “Lavonne Sheffield (2002 Broad graduate) is running Rockford Public Schools in Illinois into the ground.” Another wrote this: “Help!!In Rockford Illinois we are suffering the "Broad Effect" with Broad Graduate