Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 22, 2010

An idea for education reform: An Explainer. « Fred Klonsky's blog

An idea for education reform: An Explainer. « Fred Klonsky's blog

An idea for education reform: An Explainer.

Today is the Day of National Blogging for Real Education Reform.

I think this is a good idea, although for me it is a little like a Day of National Having Two Cups of Coffee in the Morning Because I Can’t Really Get Started Unless I Do. In other words, I thought I did it every day.

But in the interest of cooperation and social networking, I have come up with a suggestion for a real education reform: An Explainer.

It would kind of be like an ombudsmen. Although an ombudsmen is kind of mediator. I need an explainer. I need someone to make sense of school things.

The Explainer would tell us:

Why the teachers in Chicago and Highland Park both have tenure, but public school critics think that teacher tenure explains why some students perform better at school work than others?

Why the teachers in Chicago and Highland Park both have seniority, but public school critics claim that seniority