Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, April 29, 2010

TLt 2010 in Review �Ideas and Thoughts from an EdTech

TLt 2010 in Review �Ideas and Thoughts from an EdTech

TLt 2010 in Review

For a fairly small conference, TLt 2010 has some pretty impressive keynotes.

Monday evening kicked off with Scott Leslie. Scott has been someone I’ve followed online for a number of years so it’s always a treat to be able to connect face to face. Scott’s talk on becoming a networked learner was certainly not filled with new ideas for me but a message that I know continues to be needed for many educators in this province. A couple of key ideas did resonate for me, paraphrased somewhat:

“Learning that used to be centered around proximity is not being centered around affinity”
“If you believe your institution is offering has a market on expertise what are you saying about every other place of learning”
“Institutions need to realize they are not only there to offer learning to their own students but have a larger responsibility of learning for all”

David Wiley

David Wiley

I had not heard David Wiley speak live. I’ve been quite aware of his work and was looking forward to hearing him.