Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11-6-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:







The Two Sides of Education Reform in Washington, D.C.
Education reform is failing traditional D.C. public middle schools located east of the Anacostia River. Although certain popular education debates, i.e. discussions centered on the merits of school choice, common core, teacher evaluations, etc., may dominate the education policy world; The failures, or shortcomings, of education reform throughout D.C.’s high poverty neighborhood public middle scho




11-5-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Are Common Core and Testing Debates “Two Different Matters”?Are Common Core and Testing Debates \”Two Different Matters\”?. via Are Common Core and Testing Debates “Two Different Matters”?.1 by plthomasedd / 18min mark as read  //  saveIf I were a student, I would ask my…If I were a student in a high poverty public school, I would pose the following questions to my teachers, guid