Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 23, 2013

UPDATE: Faculty Association rejects Madigan’s SB1 + Tony at the Red Line Tap. | Fred Klonsky

Tony at the Red Line Tap. | Fred Klonsky:


University of Illinois Campus Faculty Association rejects Madigan’s SB1 and the We Are One/Cullerton SB2404.

cfa21
From the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Campus Faculty Association:
The following resolutions were passed by the CFA Executive Committee on May 21, 2013 and posted at our website cfaillinois.org.
1. The Campus Faculty Association opposes the Cullerton and Madigan pension bills (SB2404, SB 1, respectively), and affirms the constitutionally protected right for all Illinois state employees and retirees to receive their full pension benefits. If either bill becomes law, the CFA supports litigation to challenge the constitutionality of the law.
2. The Campus Faculty Association opposes the recent legislation that will charge long-term state retirees for 



Tony at the Red Line Tap.

tonyattheredline1
“Where you been, Klonsky?” said Marty.
“He fell into the black hole of school reform,” mumbled Tony.
“True that,” I replied. Turning to Marty, I asked, “Can I get a Paulaner Salvator Doppel Bock?”
Marty answered, “Can’t you always?”
“Did you get arrested yesterday?” asked Tony. “Or ticketed?”
“Neither. I was teaching my weekly class of kindergarten and first graders how to play You Are My Sunshine on the uke.”
“I love that song. My mother always sang that to me when I went to bed as a kid.”
I furrowed my brow. “It’s kind of hard for me to picture that.”
“Yes. Well. I need to talk to you about my theory about the mayor.”


Outside after the vote. No comment needed.

946672_10151655367148454_330276675_n
Photo credit: Sarah Jane Rhee/loveandstrugglephotos.com.