Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Administrators of Color: Selling Out or Buying In? [From The Vault] | The Jose Vilson

Administrators of Color: Selling Out or Buying In? [From The Vault] | The Jose Vilson:


Administrators of Color: Selling Out or Buying In? [From The Vault]


Scene from Lean On Me
Scene from Lean On Me
This week, I’m releasing some of the pieces I’ve written that never saw the light of day for different reasons. Here’s the first.
Date: 5/10/12
Someone told me recently, “I think these kids respond better to males than females, especially as teachers.”
That hasn’t been my experience, but I let them proceed. “It’s like, some of these kids need guidance or someone to look up to in school, and there’s a lot of women in school already.” Usually, I let them keep talking because it usually leads to a discussion about becoming an administrator (i.e. me). Thanks to a few conversations I’ve had