Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

School Tech Connect: Transforming Teaching...

School Tech Connect: Transforming Teaching...:


Transforming Teaching...

...one bad idea at a time.

My recent letter to Kelly Cassidy, who is my own representative in Springfield.
Hi Kelly, 
I hope you're well.  
I'm writing to ask if you could provide, or if you could ask TRS to provide, a few sample scenarios for how a retirement would look for employees hired the under the cash balance plan with a comparison of how that same employee's retirement would look under Tier I and Tier II. 
During the debate around SB512 in 2011, Daniel Biss asked a similar question to Leader Cross, Speaker Madigan, and Ty Fahner's two pension consultants -- he asked about how a pension system member's benefits would be calculated if they spent part of their career in Tier I and