Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NYC Educator: Suddenly ATR Drops ATRhood and Supports Economy

NYC Educator: Suddenly ATR Drops ATRhood and Supports Economy:


Suddenly ATR Drops ATRhood and Supports Economy

 by Formerly Suddenly ATR

I haven't blogged in two weeks, and I wanted to give all the readers of this great blog an update as to why. About two weeks ago I was contacted by a school out of my district for an interview. I went to the interview and was explained the situation -- the "regular" teacher had suddenly retired in September. The school went through a series of day-to-day subs, but the situation was spiraling as it was nearly December, and the students of five classes still didn't have a regular, licensed teacher. They are all high-needs students -- repeaters who had failed the Regents last year. Two days later, it was like, "Can you start ... today?"

The first day of classes was miserable. The students