Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PSAT for 10-30-12: Boycott Amazon? Parents United for Responsible Education

Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive » PSAT for 10-30-12: Boycott Amazon?:


PSAT for 10-30-12: Boycott Amazon?

No on 1240 (click on picture)



I try to use the first PSAT of the month (when I remember) to identify some of the worst enemies of public education for us to boycott. So far, I’ve gleefully picked on Bill Gates,Penny PritzkerBruce Rauner and Walmart, and generally followed my own advice. I’m doing November’s entry a week early to highlight a ballot proposition in Washington state that will be decided next Tuesday.
And this time I have to pick on Amazon, a tough one for me since I am a persistent Amazon shopper (like, yesterday, for example). They just make it it so darn easy…
But pick on Amazon I must, in special solidarity with the citizens of Washington State and especially my great Parents Across America friend Dora Taylor who writes the wonderful blog seattleeducation.com.
Why? Well, despite the fact that the folks out there in Washington, Bill Gates’ own neighbors, have repeatedly rejected the establishment of charter schools in their state, Bill and his know-nothing-about-education pals keep