Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Some "Truths" About Teaching!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Some "Truths" About Teaching!:


Some "Truths" About Teaching!




Since I'm not at work because of Hurricane Sandy, it gave me some time to peruse Pinterest, and I came across this poster. I think it's funny.:)
It also made me think about some of the "truths" about teaching, especially if someone is choosing to go into this profession now. So, here are my "truths."

  • You can not go to the bathroom whenever you want. You will have to either hold it, or get someone to watch your class. Depending on how desperate you are, you will either run to the Teacher's bathroom, or use the student one. (I never use the student one unless there are no kids)
  • You will be thrown into a classroom and told to teach. Nowadays though, you don't have to worry too much, because they tell you what to teach, how long to teach it ("I hate you pacing guide!"), and when to