Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Why You Should Become a Teacher's Fairy Godparent | Education on GOOD

Why You Should Become a Teacher's Fairy Godparent | Education on GOOD:


Why You Should Become a Teacher's Fairy Godparent

rosemary
In our Transforming Schools Together series, teachers affiliated with the Center for Teaching Quality invite us to re-imagine the very concept of school, and suggest small actions we can take to improve existing schools.
Confession: I have a penchant for sticky notes. They are the perfect size for the "sticky-note fairy" (wink, wink...guess who?) to sprinkle kind words of encouragement to surprised students and faculty. One day a brown cardboard box filled to the brim with Post-Its showed up at my school office, addressed to me. It came courtesy of someone who has left an imprint on my life, my fairy godmother.
In the summer of 2009, I was prepared for another year of teaching at my high-needs elementary school, doing