Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Measuring My Teacher Effectiveness In Buckets | The Jose Vilson

Measuring My Teacher Effectiveness In Buckets | The Jose Vilson:


Measuring My Teacher Effectiveness In Buckets

Yesterday, I had an interesting conversation with my brother Ralf, and a couple of burgeoning entrepreneurs about the teaching profession. They called it the most important profession there is, and one of their sisters was a public school teacher in Trenton. We laughed as the one guy told us about how his sister loved the more seemingly intimidating situations in Newark and Trenton, preferring the more difficult classes. Asked how she handled all that, he said that she builds a trust culture with them, to the point where she could leave her purse out and the kids watch her stuff for her. Everyone but me was