Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Superintendent of Public Instruction

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Superintendent of Public Instruction:


Superintendent of Public Instruction

I'm late (and behind) on this post but life got in the way.

Randy Dorn is an okay guy.  I supported his last election.  But I have found him a less-than-I wanted state superintendent.   I think he has gotten out there and pushed the Innovation schools program and continued to push more students taking the SAT.   However, I'm not impressed with his website which doesn't have much in the way of what he wants to do in the future. 

And, I don't like anyone just walking into office.  That is what will happen if he gets more than 50% of the vote in the primary.   

We need to have a dialog going into the general.  That's why I'm asking you to vote for one of the