Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 29, 2012

I stole this story from Ben Joravsky. « Fred Klonsky

I stole this story from Ben Joravsky. « Fred Klonsky:


I stole this story from Ben Joravsky.

From Ben Joravsky, The Third City blog:
On Wednesday I get to go on Chicago Newsroom, a cable access talk show also known as The Ken Davis Show.
Actually, I believe I’m the only one who calls it the Ken Davis Show, which I do because Ken Davis hosts it.
Hence, my logic.
The Ken Davis Show’s the best TV talk show in Chicago — way better than anything you’ll see on a certain publicly funded station we’ll call WTTW.
That’s because Ken’s really smart and he’s not afraid to bring on guests who have something 

The in box. Crazy or arrogant?

Fred,
Albert Einstein once stated, “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
The time has come to ask a serious question: Who is crazy? Those who are no longer willing to remain silent and blind to the counter-productive and suspect actions of the NEA, or those within the NEA who have placed public education, real student learning, and support for teachers second to partnering with those who are undermining these very concepts?
What should be done if the NEA does not strongly come out against policies that are destroying a healthy and rich learning environment for student learning and for the teachers who facilitate such 

The in box. Opt out bullies.

Fred,
They may not negotiate with their children’s lives but they seem to have no problem bullying and threatening in the name of their children. These people think this type of rhetoric will invoke cooperation? Unbelievable!
L.


Off to DC. But the coo coo birds may have gotten there ahead of me.


I’m not leaving for the NEA RA until tomorrow.
But apparently the coo coo birds have beaten me there.
If you read this blog regularly you know that I stand for many things. And I don’t stand quietly.
I spent my professional career fighting the obsession with standardized testing.
I have fought for the right to collectively bargain for every private sector and public sector worker.