Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Letter from an IDEA Mother « A "Fuller" Look at Education Issues

Letter from an IDEA Mother « A "Fuller" Look at Education Issues:

Letter from an IDEA Mother

Posted on January 22, 2012

0


Rate This

Below are two e-mails I received from a mother whose child attends an IDEA elementary school. I am using her letter with permission. I have changed the gender of the child to neutral language and redacted certain information to protect her identity. Also, I typically do not use unsolicited, unverifiable emails. However, this person provided her name and place of employment which I was able to verify independently. Now, this person may be using someone’s name other than her own, but given the length and the repeated e-mails, that is a whole lot of trouble. So, I believe the letters to be true. I could be wrong.

I put both emails into this post. The first one sounds like any parent with a child struggling in any school. I have been in a similar situation myself. The second one is more alarming. I’ll share more