Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 22, 2012

School Tech Connect: Ayodeji Griffin at Crane

School Tech Connect: Ayodeji Griffin at Crane:

Ayodeji Griffin at Crane

"We will accept any student no matter how low their test scores are."
Crane teacher Ayodeji Griffin spoke from the heart about what Crane has been doing over the years. From the outside, it looks like nobody told them that the way to keep your doors open is to ixnay the open-to-all idea. The road to success now lies in sculpting your graduating class in such a way that those kids not headed for graduation are dispersed to other schools. It's all very old school, what they're doing at Crane.

I know I have a photo of this teacher somewhere, but I can't tell from my notes which one it is. If you see her in my Flickr stream will you let me know?



Just in case you missed it, this is what she said at the end.

A couple of years ago, I questioned an elementary counselor who attended our articulation