Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 30, 2011

What Teachers Are Saying – Zinn Education Project

What Teachers Are Saying – Zinn Education Project:

What Teachers Are Saying

Here are just a few of the hundreds of comments we have received from teachers about the impact of Howard Zinn, A People’s History of the United States, and the Zinn Education Project lessons on themselves and their classrooms. Send us your quotes and stories to add to this page: zep@zinnedproject.org

Jump to: Howard Zinn’s Impact on Teachers | Howard Zinn’s Impact on Teaching |
Howard Zinn’s Impact on Students | Zinn Education Project Website | Media, Press and Endorsements

Howard Zinn’s Impact on Teachers

After reading all the quotes [below] from people who were inspired by Howard Zinn, I started to feel bad about not spending enough time today [1/27/2011] to honor the great historian who inspired me in so many ways. Then, I thought back to the work that I taught this week in my classes. We talked about everyday people being a part of history. We spoke about the role of citizens in a democracy to remain ever vigilant. We discussed examples of activists finding interesting and unique ways to challenge authority. Then, I realized that everything that I taught today was inspired by Howard Zinn (the book we