Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 InterACT in Retrospect « InterACT

2011 InterACT in Retrospect « InterACT:

2011 InterACT in Retrospect

In the past week I’ve reviewed some of the best blog posts here at InterACT, organizing them by author (prior installments include best guest posts, and best posts by Martha Infante and Kelly Kovacic). For the final post of 2011, I’ve picked out some of my posts that I hope are worth another look, and provided either a quick explanation of why I selected that post, or a short quotation to pique your interest.

SOS March

photo by the author

• The most exciting part of my edublogging year was probably the Save Our Students March and Call to Action in Washington, D.C. I was able to be in Washington that week because of the 2011 conference for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, but I managed to divide my time a little bit. I composed this blog more quickly than anything I’ve ever written of similar length, and posted it within minutes of leaving my hotel room to take in the rally. I concluded that post as follows:

President Obama and Secretary Duncan have failed as educational leaders. I’ll offer credit