Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The New Black History Out Now, Featuring Yours Truly « Outside the Cave

The New Black History Out Now, Featuring Yours Truly « Outside the Cave:

The New Black History Out Now, Featuring Yours Truly

I had totally forgotten about this until my mail arrived today, but I am now officially a published historian. It’s a huge honor to have been included in The New Black History. My article, “Septima Clark: Organizing for Positive Freedom,” is chapter 13. Only 4 copies left on Amazon, so order fast!

It’s also quite humbling to be a portion of what will sadly prove to be Manning Marable’s last book. He taught me so much as a mentor, so I was stunned when I was initially asked to be part of this collection, filled with so many prominent and up-and-coming historians of the African American experience. To have the book come ou