Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Grumpy Educators: South Carolina parent responds to charter school

Grumpy Educators: South Carolina parent responds to charter school:

South Carolina parent responds to charter school

South Carolina parent responds to charter school

On Friday, October 7, Education Week covered the complaint and concern of South Carolina parents of special needs student and high stakes assessments. Read here.

On Saturday, October 8, parent Gretchen Herrera received notification from the SCVS director that her son was expelled for her failure to give permission to her son to take assessments. She also protested the rules and regulations on the SC State House steps that day.

Yesterday, Mrs. Herrera replied to the charter school director.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My reply to the director's letter about Anthony's expulsion.

Ms. Reid,

I received a letter from you stating that my son is withdrawn from your school effective 10/10 because I refused to let him take the PASS test.

My son is a 12 year old little boy with Aspergers and a brittle diabetic. I presented