Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 30, 2011

Daily Kos: Why I am going to Netroots Nation

Daily Kos: Why I am going to Netroots Nation

Why I am going to Netroots Nation

besides the fact that I won a DFA scholarship to help pay my way, and a member of this community generously has paid for my transportation, etc.

Please note that last - a member of this community, because s/he thought I needed to be there.

I was given similar offers for Pittsburgh in 2009, with people offering to pay my expenses, or let me stay in their homes, even though they only knew me from my writing here.

This is about community. This is about connections. This is about more than that.

But let me back up. In 2006 and 2007 the event was called Yearly Kos. We can thank Pastor Dan Schultz for coming up with the idea originally, and the likes of Gina, and Nolan, and others for making it happen.

I want to explore my own participation in the past, before I explain why I am going this year.

Let me back up to the planning for Las Vegas in 2006 . . .