Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ken says, “All my friends get to do it.” « Fred Klonsky's blog

Ken says, “All my friends get to do it.” « Fred Klonsky's blog

Ken says, “All my friends get to do it.”

My friend and colleague Jerry Mulvihill was so appalled at the sellout Swanson deal that he penned an email (I know. You don’t really “pen” and email) to the IEA President asking him to resign.

Swanson’s answer below demonstrates two things.

First of all, the part about IFT President Dan Montgomery and CTU President Karen Lewis was printed in an 84 point font. Big!

And the answer reminds me of the days when I told my young kids that they couldn’t do something. Their answer was, “Well my friends get to do it!!!”

Okay. Everybody knows the answer to that one: “If your friends get to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, should I let