Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 18, 2011

Children First? « Failing Schools

Children First? « Failing Schools

Children First?

MARCH 18, 2011
by Sabrina

A couple of weekends ago, I found myself chatting with a local parent who was born and raised in Europe. Once we exchanged information about our careers, the conversation naturally turned to education, and recent news coverage of education issues.

“I have to say, I find this really strange. I feel sorry for you, those of you who work as teachers. Everything is about conflict, and cutting things. In Europe, especially when I was growing up, the talk was about ‘Here’s what we need to do for our kids, now how do we pay for it?’ I worry about what to do for [my son's] education in a few years, because I feel like I can’t trust the public