Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 13, 2011

100,000 Welcome the Dem14 Home in Madison, Wisconsin | blue cheddar. #WeAreWI #WIUnion

100,000 Welcome the Dem14 Home in Madison, Wisconsin | blue cheddar.

100,000 Welcome the Dem14 Home in Madison, Wisconsin

BY BLUECHEDDAR

I’m going to say 100,000. I see reports of “over 85,000″ but as I saw no helicopters flying overhead, meaning we had no professional estimates, the evaluation by someone who’s been to every single historic Saturday labor rally in Madison, Wisconsin is good as any. I spent the day at Madison, Wisconsin’s largest rally yesterday. I wanted to do this piece when I got home, but the combination of walking on concrete, the exhileration of it all, and standing in the wind for nearly 7 hours did me in. As happens on every day I go to a rally, I fell asleep on the couch in the middle of trying to write or post photos. Now I have to get ready to play music for church. This will be what it will be. Assume more to come in the afternoon.

The Tractorcade

That wind!

Fifty tractors embarked from the Alliant Energy Center to the Isthmus, driving down John Nolen Drive and ultimately climbing the Hamilton Street hill to the Capitol. The west wind rushing up Hamilton had an almost