Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Part 2. 100,000 Welcome the Dem14 Home: The Press Conference | blue cheddar. #wiunion

Part 2. 100,000 Welcome the Dem14 Home: The Press Conference | blue cheddar.

Part 2. 100,000 Welcome the Dem14 Home: The Press Conference

BY BLUECHEDDAR

I could say without exaggeration that I was riveted to the appearance and the words of the Dem14 at Saturday’s press conference.

Dave Hansen of Green Bay conveyed the most emotion of all of the Senators who spoke to us.

Sen. Dave Hansen

Here is a 2.5 minute selection. This is a recording I don’t get tired of.

Sen. Dave Hansen, 03/12/11 by bluecheddar

I realize I am incredibly biased. In my eyes, what the Dem14 did was necessary and heroic. The press in this room didn’t share my admiration for the Senators in front of them. It was difficult for me to hear them ask some of the questions that they asked. Maybe just 1 or 2 more softball questions would’ve been in order (I threw in 1) , like “How long did you discuss the decision to leave before you all resolved to do this.” and “Was there a moment when 1 of you almost had to come back for any reason at all – medical, family, other.” and “Did you actually fear that authorities might turn you back from leaving?”

Discussion with Walker’s staff. No negotiation with Walker.

Sen. Risser said that the Governor never once negotiated with the Dem14. Sen.