Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

6-3-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






Here Are Some Instagram Videos My Theory Of Knowledge Students Created
I’ve previously posted about my plans to have students created Instagram videos as part of their finals (see Using Instagram, Bloom’s Taxonomy & Student Interest As A Fun Part Of A Semester Final). And I’ve also shared some early examples from my English Language Learners (see Geography Instagram Videos By English Language Learners). They’ve made a lot more since that post, but I’m way behind

Resources On The Tiananmen Square Protests
Tomorrow is the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Chinese military crackdown on the Tiananmen Square protesters. Here are new additions to The Best Sites For Learning About Protests In History about what happened: Remembering Tiananmen Square is a TIME slideshow. Tiananmen Square remembered 25 years later everywhere around the world except China is from The News in Australia. Tiananmen Square 198


Photo Galleries Of The Week
Obviously, photos can be great educational tools with English Language Learners and with any students (see The Best Ways To Use Photos In Lessons). I post about many photo galleries, also called slideshows. To do it in a little more organized way, though, I recently began this weekly feature called “Photo Galleries Of The Week.” This post is a “round-up” of online slideshows I’m adding to various



6-2-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Research Studies Of The WeekI often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing