Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12-3-13 With A Brooklyn Accent - Job Description for New Teachers

With A Brooklyn Accent:





Job Description for New Teachers
Job Description: New Teacher.Your Mission: To Squeeze Excellent Test Results out of Frightened and Angry Children and Shatter The Achievement GapThings to Ignore: Hunger, Homelessness, Disability, Language, Chronic Illness, Family and Neighborhood Violence, Children's Talents, Personalities and Aptitudes.Things to Sacrifice: Play, Recess, The Arts.Job Security: Dependent on Results on Standardized


With A Brooklyn Accent: A Tennessee Teacher's Letter to President Obama
With A Brooklyn Accent: A Tennessee Teacher's Letter to President Obama: A Tennessee Teacher's Letter to President ObamaNovember 29, 2013Dear Mr. President,I generally don't remember my dreams, and I generally don't dream about presidents, but this time, I did both. Go figure. Anyway, in my dream, I had the opportunity to meet you and talk to you face to face. You have to understand, in my dream,