Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Power Comes From Everywhere: Hearing the Sound of Resolute – @ the chalk face

Power Comes From Everywhere: Hearing the Sound of Resolute – @ the chalk face:


Power Comes From Everywhere: Hearing the Sound of Resolute

Keith and Cenk left MSNBC. They uncovered the stories beyond the allowable corporate dictum. And these two became marginalized from cable television and a larger viewership. I was up on a friend’s farm in Squamish, B.C., Canada a long time ago while I was living in the area doing organ transplants down in a lab at a university in Vancouver. My friend and I met up with Little Richard at the QE II Theatre while we were all taking in Miles Davis (he being no less than perfect). We got to talking and, as it turned out, we invited Little Richard to use the farm that summer to put on a concert. While we were all standing in the kitchen just before he went out to do his thing, I remember him saying, staying in that fabulous showman character of his, “Yeah, man, I’m Little Richard. And where you’re at, I’ve been.”

He had been castigated by most TV producers as too radical to air. They were beholden to corporate ownership