Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 14, 2013

UPDATE: Obama’s education vision + Our movement is against closing any public school + How can you mend a broken heart? « Fred Klonsky

How can you mend a broken heart? « Fred Klonsky:



Obama’s education vision.

1220905044-large
Community organizer, Barack Obama.
“… to redesign America’s high schools so they better equip graduates for the demands of a high-tech economy. And we’ll reward schools that develop new partnerships with colleges and employers, and create classes that focus on science, technology, engineering and math, the skills today’s employers are looking for to fill the jobs that are there right now and will be there in the future.” – President Obama, State of the Union
I was in my hospital bed Tuesday night as President Obama gave his State of the Union message.


How can you mend a broken heart?

photo
I’m home.
Al Green sings,
And how can you mend a broken heart? 
How can you stop the rain from falling down? 
How can you stop the sun from shining? 
What makes the world go round?
The Bee Gees sang it first.
I’m going with the Reverend Al.
It’s Valentine’s Day and my heart is fine.
Monday night I wasn’t so sure.
The pain in my arm was familiar. I had felt it before about fifteen years ago. Along with pressure in my chest.
That day in 2000 the chief doctor of the ER at Illinois Masonic walked over and told me my heart had bit my ass.
It was a minor heart attack.
Is there such a thing?
No. Because what really got attacked was my brain. I was only fifty-two. But from that day on I became acutely aware of my heart. Constantly and on a daily basis. I became an expert on everything to do with the organ that


Our movement is against closing any public school.

IMG_0039