Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 1, 2013

Daily Kos: Some miscellaneous thoughts

Daily Kos: Some miscellaneous thoughts:


Some miscellaneous thoughts

that have been floating around my mind over the past few days, especially at moments when I watch my wife sleeping in her hospital bed and do not have my focus solely on her.
After watching (with her) some of the inanity in the questioning of Chuck Hagel, I really find it hard not to be very judgmental on what I see of Republicans in Congress on both sides of the Hill.  The pandering for political positioning is gross and disgusting and does little to advance sensible discussion of policies on which one could legitimately have a different point of view.  It is one reason why I wish Reid had been far more forceful in advancing filibuster reform.  In fact it reminds me why I do not like the idea of one person negotiating and excluding other voices until after the deal is done.  Even if I like Joe Biden a lot, I think it violates good government principles to have him the only one negotiating whether it is with Mitch McConnell or anyone else.  It is important to have more than one set of ears and one set of perceptions so that commitments do not exclude points of views and concerns that are otherwise ignore.
Some more below the cheese-doodle.