Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 14, 2013

UPDATE: My Nekritz moment. and Tony at the Red Line Tap. « Fred Klonsky

Tony at the Red Line Tap. « Fred Klonsky:



Pat Quinn on Chicago Tonight tonight. Email Carol Marin with a question.

Hey pension advocates.
Governor Pat “Squeezy” Quinn is on WTTW’s Chicago Tonight.
Tonight.
This Tweet from Carol Marin:
Carol Marin (@CarolMarin)
What should I ask Governor Pat Quinn? He’ll be live on Chicago Tonight@7P!




Tony at the Red Line Tap.

tonyattheredline
“Got any of that oak aged from Two Brothers?”
Marty nodded. “Just got some in,” she mumbled.
“I think she’s tired this morning,” said Tony. “Up watching the Golden Globes.”
“I watched it too,” I said. “But I’m not tired since I slept through most of it.”
“The media gets all excited about the Golden Globes because you get to watch people get drunk. Shit. I get to



My Nekritz moment.

nekritz
My friend Glen Brown posts a scathing indictment of media on his blog today.
“Stupid Gets,” he calls them.
Brown is so friggin’ brilliant. I always say that I feel like a Jerry Lewis to his Jean Paul Sartre.
I had to Google what calling reporters “stupid Gets” means. They just repeat the crap that any politician feeds them. No questions asked.
A stupid Get?
1. A completely ignorant, childish person with no manners. 
2. A person who feels justified in their callow behaviour. 
3. A pubescent kid who thinks it’s totally cool to act like a


Case dismissed.

swartz_dismissal2-660x686