Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 14, 2013

This is why… | Connected Principals

This is why… | Connected Principals:


This is why…

 IMG_1191

Spring time in Texas will test your mettle like no other season. It’s the time of year where people start wondering why we do this thing we call education for. Is it for the testing pressure? Is it for the frustrated parents? Is it for the “what if’s” of the upcoming budget cuts/election/personnel changes?
I have a good friend who I walk with in the evenings. During a walk at a particularly trying time, I made the confession that in all my 10 years in education I’d never doubted my career path…but that I was struggling. Her advice was simple & direct.
Get to the kids. Get out from behind your desk, off your email, away from the phones… and get to the kids.

We have just one new teacher this year. This teacher took on the challenge of stepping in where the previous