Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hassib Muhammad – Greening Forward bringing youth voices to environmental activism Student Voice

Student Voice:


Hassib Muhammad – Greening Forward bringing youth voices to environmental activism

A couple of weeks ago, I came home from the worst day of practice ever. I was dizzy and dehydrated. My body was sore and had bruises all over. And to top it all off, I had an AP Chemistry test the next day. It made me never want to go back to Math Team practice again. What! Are you kidding me? Great. So naturally, I bolted into my room and did what any productive teenager would do – procrastinate. I found myself flipping through the TV channels. One after another after another but then it hit me. A brilliant young lady appeared on my TV screen, and she said something that has changed my life forever. She said, and I quote, “A dollar makes me holler Honey Boo Boo!”
Now, ladies and gentlemen, Honey Boo Boo was onto something. She found what made her holler – her passion. Passion is a compelling force that drives us to accomplish the seemingly unaccomplishable. To make possible the impossible. You may already have a passion and might not know it! It may be something you enjoy doing on the weekend with friends and family or something you see wrong in this world but wish of redressing. Some common passions include eating, reading, underwater basket-weaving. Honey Boo Boo’s passion was