Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Dress Code for Teachers? Or Anything Goes? | toteachornototeach

A Dress Code for Teachers? Or Anything Goes? | toteachornototeach:


A Dress Code for Teachers? Or Anything Goes?




 


A Dress Code for Teachers? Or Anything Goes?

by Rae Pica
Who could have imagined that the issue of teacher attire would be such a hot-button topic? But, then, who could have imagined that the day would come when teachers sported too-tight clothes and showed too much skin? And, no, I’m not talking about just the female teachers. This is not an issue merely because it’s a female-dominated profession, as one tweeter suggested to me. As far as I’m concerned, flip-flops expose too much skin.
Admittedly, I haven’t been a public school student for a long, long time. So it came as an enormous surprise when I saw a proliferation of newspaper reports and blogs describing midriff-baring, sweatpants- and pajama-