Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 2, 2012

UPDATE: Disenfranchising the old folks in the IEA. « Fred Klonsky

Disenfranchising the old folks in the IEA. « Fred Klonsky:


Disenfranchising the old folks in the IEA.

I’ve been to every state convention of the IEA for the past twenty years.
I won’t be a delegate at the next one.
It’s not that I don’t want to sit through four days of meetings, speeches and bad food.
I can’t.
The deadline for nominations for IEA-Retired is past. I never got a copy of the nominations form in the mail (yes, the  IEA still does these things by mail).
Ballots went out this week. I didn’t get one of those either.
I don’t take this personally. Even as a critic of the leadership, I don’t


Ten minute drawing. IEA Communications.



Click on drawing to enlarge.