Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

why can we do? Save a great school! « Deborah Meier on Education

why can we do? Save a great school! « Deborah Meier on Education:


why can we do? Save a great school!

One and all!! Hear from my friend Stephanie Lee whose school(s) I can vouch for! I’ve been there manya times. This is terrible news. What can we do??
hello friends:
sorry to interrupt your summer with sad news. we lost a big vote last night – the process has begun to revoke our charter, but the fight will continue in the coming month, major hearing august 20 and final vote august 21.
here is what i sent to the local paper this morning, plus pics and links to two great videos of our action last night below. i am also attaching my notes for my speech and a press release sent out by a witness to last night’s events [founder of an LA charter school called semillas that has also spent a lot of time in the spotlight].
stephanie
p.s. if you have some time on your hands and want the email addresses, phone numbers, or twitter accounts of any LB board members or key staff, let me know :)
Hello Kelly,
I didn’t see you last night at the LBUSD Board meeting when they voted to issue a Notice of