Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

School Tech Connect: One Signature At A Time

School Tech Connect: One Signature At A Time:


One Signature At A Time

That's how you get an elected school board.

It was an awesome night down in the 43rd ward collecting signatures for an elected school board.  It's an easy sell, believe me. Once people hear that unlike suburban people, they have no democratic access to school policies unless they're a Friend of Rahm, well, they sign pretty quickly.

Mind you, a couple people gave me the bum's rush. One fellow came to the door --- a beautiful building, I might add; the 43rd Ward has some schmancy homes-- and he told me that he wouldn't be signing because he doesn't trust the voters. I imagine he probably feels like he can call the mayor and weigh in when he needs to.